Thursday, November 8, 2007

Environmental Protection and pursuit for profit


I saw a leaflet which said 'These boxes for recycle are for our customers only' at the supermarket near my house. I laughed because they confessed very honestly that their effort for recycle was for themselves, not for the earth. Several years has passed since a drug store has taken over there. It is a tiny example that recycle without benefit doesn't suit for pursuit of profit.

I watched TV news broadcasted that the sea around the Miyakejima island has been cleaned during the evacuation. I've had the same impression when I heard 'Only human kind can't live on earth even if the environmental pollution progresses'. If the best way is to vanish us, I feel meaningless of the appeal for the environmental protection.

However, the best way requires the mass concern which moves on for progress. It turns out to be the effective way if we will be able to connect the pursuit for profit, the very human activity, to the environmental protection.

First of all, they should welcome everyone and contrive ways to make money, don't they?

No comments: